Tuesday, July 15, 2014

What it is??

I got to go to the LA Temple today! That's why I'm emailing today..You all though I forgot didn't you! I never forget. Just kidding I do all the time.

This week was a slow one again but I'm starting to feel like things will get better. To be honest I'm not sure what is going to get better or how but I really think if we keep working things will be better. Hopefully our investigator pool will increase more. We've been dropping people like it's hot right now. No worries though, we're just going through a bit of a dry spell. The Lord's work will move on. We've been working hard. I think this is the hardest I've ever worked on my mission in regards to really "hitting the pavement" so to speak. I've never worked this hard on the things that are considered by many to be the "dirty work" like street contacting people in between visiting houses, or knocking the houses around potentials we have, or things like that. It's been good. I feel good about how hard we're working so that's really all that matters. Once we can figure out how to take away people's agency then we'll just baptize everyone but until then hard work and faith-filled prayer will get us through it!

This week I was thinking a lot about the Atonement. I was thinking about how Jesus Christ died for everyone on Earth, not only for those who would follow him. As I was thinking about that I couldn't help but be a little taken back by that thought. Who could love so deeply and so truly that a feat like that could be done. The atonement is as far reaching as it is incomprehensible. But just because it's next to impossible to understand doesn't mean that it's impossible to use. The atonement is a gift and as the Doctrine and Covenants says "for what doth it profit a man if a gift is bestowed upon him, and he receive not the gift? Behold, he rejoices not in that which is given him, neither rejoices in him who is the giver of the gift." (D&C 88:33 emphasis added) When we accept the wonderful gift of the Atonement, then we can comfort others, we can comfort ourselves, we can be the hands that lift up the weak and the support that others need. We can make sure that Christ's atonement wasn't in vain.

I love each of you more than I can express. I'm so grateful for the experiences that God gives us to help us grow. I hope ya'll all have a sick week! I know I'll be having one! 

Keep it real

No comments:

Post a Comment