Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Hey there erryone,

Things are good. The library is packed. Phones are ringing off the hook. A crazy lady is yelling at people on the phone and spraying very liberal (that is an understatement) amounts of hairspray while staring at a computer that has been on the same webpage without any change for at least the hour or so that I've been here. #SOCAL

This week was awesome. Working two wards is crazy. We've got the system for working down better now but that doesn't always fit the schedule for people we're teaching. I'm fine with that though, I'd rather have a lesson with someone than not so I'm not upset if it doesn't fit our predetermined system. Between the two wards we're doing about as much work as if we we're in 1 ward so we just need to work on being twice as effective so we can have each ward have the productivity on a ward. That'll be tough but we're going to work harder on stacking our nights with lessons so we can get as much done as possible. We're even trying to get members from each ward to do splits with us so we can cover both areas in the same day. If we do that I'm confident that we will see even more miracles. We're looking for and praying for miracles all the time. The Lord will provide!

This week our mission president encouraged us to make a "vision" for the rest of our mission. A vision is a lofty, long term, overall end state, goal that one makes to try and improve their character and accelerate their progression. For mine I decided to go with the simple phrase "Leave Better". I chose that because there's still a ton of changing for me to do while I'm out here. It's always been my goal to become the best I can be out here but the vision of "Leave Better" is going to help me to improve the most that I possibly can. I encourage all of you to "Leave Better" in whatever aspect of your life that applies to. Whether school or work or finishing some sort of assignment. If you make that a priority the Lord will shape you into who he wants you to be.

As always, I love you guys. I love my mission. You know the rest!

Keep it real.

Elder Sanderson
#leavebetter
 
 p.s. in case you haven't noticed it's kind of a big thing in this mission to use hash-tags even though we don't use social media. I know it's weird. It's just what we do in the California Long Beach Mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment