Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Talofa O'u aiga ma uo!

So this week was pretty cool. We had a lot of fun for sure. We helped a few people do some service. One type of service we did was taking apart pallets so that this lady could make furniture out of it. Look it up on Pintrest that's where she got the idea from. That was extremely difficult. We didn't even finish it either. Turns out those things are dang hard to get apart. I only broke 4 of the panel things on it. You know what it is. We're going back tomorrow to finish the job. Hopefully we can do it without breaking everything we try to take apart.

We also got to teach a lot more than usual this week. Our Mission President has really been focusing on making sure that every companionship teaches every night. In this mission that's sort of tough to do but we're working on changing the culture of this mission to be a mission where missionaries teach. We hope to be able to look back and say "the missionaries in the California Long Beach Mission teach every night". Everything we do has a culture. A culture is a way of life, an expectation or a standard that you hold a group of people to. Along with groups, individuals also have a culture. I think that could be better worded as a character. President David O. McKay said “We sow our thoughts, and we reap our actions; we sow our actions, and we reap our habits; we sow our habits, and we reap our characters; we sow our characters, and we reap our destiny.” Changing your character to be someone different, someone better, starts one thought at a time. Trust me. My mission has changed me more than I could have ever known but my character didn't start to change for the better until I dug deep and started to change who I was, starting with what I thought.

I hope you guys all have a great week! I love you guys!



Elder Sanderson
#leavebetter

No comments:

Post a Comment