Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Week of April 28th

Family and Friends,
Long Beach California has been awesome! I'm going to have a lot of trouble typing. I was in a bit of a wreck and have sort of limited use of my right hand. I can still bike around just fine I'm just in a little pain is all.
Our area has been tough. My companion, Elder Wahlen, and I are both new to the area (Elder Wahlen has been out for 9 months tho) and we are struggling to find people to teach. So far we have had no lessons and have not been able to find new investigators but it will come in time. I am grateful for the things I've already learned. I've had to learn to be patient since we have not been able to actually teach and that we have to stick with tracting and contacting. It's been tough but I've already been able to feel like I'm growing.
I'm serving in the Grenada Ward. The ward is mostly people over the age of 60. Our bishop is 76. It's a great ward and all the members are really nice and we get fed pretty much every night so thats awesome!
I have a ton more details and what not in a letter that I will be sending out today. In my letter I will be sharing a story I heard from a member that especially touched me.
The plaques look great and so do Tommy, Paul, and Kellen!

Much Love,
Elder S.

No comments:

Post a Comment