Monday, October 14, 2013

My dear Friends and Family,

I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to serve the Lord and to bring others to a knowledge of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The calling of being a missionary is such a blessing and along with that call comes a lot of strength to overcome weakness. That being said, a tag is not a requirement for missionary work, a white shirt and tie is not the only uniform that missionaries can have. The call to share the gospel is not only extended to those who leave their homes for 2 years (or 18 months). The call to share the gospel is extended to every one. 
Now, is it the duty of every member to go out and proselyte all day every day? No. Does everyone need to spend all of their time, energy, and talents preaching? No. The Lord expects members of the church to be just that. Members of the church. Just remember that one of the things that we've agreed to is to take upon ourselves the name of Jesus Christ.
I love all of you. I've began adopting a short phrase that a friend of mine named Elder Child. It is this: Keep smiling.
My beloved Friends and Family, Keep smiling. :)
Love,

Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment