Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Dearest Family and Friends,

This week was sort of slow. By that I mean very slow. It was rough but it's okay because I'm still here and I'm still a missionary! I'm going to cut to the chase this week due to lack of time. I had an experience I would like to share with all you wonderful people.
We were out knocking one afternoon and we came across a lady who had tried attending an LDS church in her youth. She was raised Catholic but wanted nothing to do with that and she thinks it was all junk, as she thinks with all religion. Don't get me wrong, she was extremely nice, she just wasn't too interested in religion. We talked for a few minutes and we testified that our message is for everyone and that she can know for herself that it's true if she has the desire to. She said that she had already tried and declined. We asked if we could do anything else for her and she said no. We left the doorstep and went on to the next. I felt like there was something more we could have done. I kept feeling prompted to go back. Finally after feeling this prompting for a few houses more, I decided we'd go back and talk more to her. We went back and I said we didn't want to bother her but I wanted to ask her a question. I asked her if she had ever tried praying and asking God if he's there. She responded "I did. It didn't work." I tried my best to tell her that I know he's there and listening but it didn't change her mind. We left again and I wondered why I had been so heavily prompted to go back but yet it yielded nothing. I realized from this experience that we are to do many good things of our own free will and others will use their own free will too. I learned that as long as I listened to the spirit the Lord will trust me with more promptings. A lesson that unfortunately I had not learned yet through experience. I've been trying to listen more intently to the spirit and I've already seen so many blessings come from it.
I'm always grateful for the love and support I feel from each and every one of you. I love you all with all my heart and I am so grateful for my friendships with you.
I would feel weird if I didn't say "keep it real" at the end of this so....

Keep it real

Elder Sanderson

No comments:

Post a Comment